Saturday, April 23, 2011

New Beginning

I'm starting this blog to emerge...from my cocoon.  Hopefully I have been growing wings.  I might have just been growing a muffin top...either way I can't just sit around stewing in my thoughts by myself, carrying on way-too-grown-up conversations with my 10 month old, and hoping my mother will not get off the phone so fast, yet again.  No- these are unhealthy occurrences at the tender age of 27, mother or not, new city or not, jobless, or not.  Although I am aware that no mother is really jobless and I do believe, at the core of my being, that motherhood is the most valuable job a woman can have.  With that said, I admit that I do at times entertain thoughts of criticism towards myself and my lack of super woman status.  You know the super woman status...mothers who work and are social butterflies, chauffeurs, cooks, side project starters, phone tree heads, volunteers at all their local service venues, oh and bloggers (I'm one step closer : ).  The truth is I yearn to do more.  I crave a little more activity in my day to day life. There are obstacles- My hubby would say I'm making excuses.  Well he's not actually my hubby we're not married yet, We had been dating for 5 months when I got pregnant. We sold all our belongings to move across the country for a new beginning and to be near the city. We don't own our house, we don't have much furniture, we don't have careers or degrees (well I have a bachelors degree actually- I'll save that for another blog), and we have not mowed the lawn yet (lawns are Pristine around here).          

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie my love,
    I love your blog and how articulate you are! Thank you for sharing stuff I, and many others, are afraid to share. You are so beautiful, inside and out. I look forward to reading more about your new adventures. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay excited to follow your blog!!! mine is http://veritabletreasure.blogspot.com/ and i was having a lot of the same feelings when i started :-) oh wait hey i still feel like that most of the time lol. but blogging helps me keep track of my goals and makes me feel like at least i'm TRYING - so that is nice :-) bless you and take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at your "about me" I have a response....I think it is totally ok to lose yourself in a role so to speak. Our selves are actually always evolving from role to role to role...so go with it for now! Be a mom! You are not really losing yourself, you are finding yourself.....always finding yourself.

    ReplyDelete